Prime Minister’s Electric Wheelchair Scheme For University Students (Phase-II)
Under Prime Minister’s Electric Wheelchair Scheme, Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan invites applications from the students having ambulatory disability and are being enrolled in public sector universities and affiliated colleges during Fall Semester 2020-2021.
Electric Wheelchairs will be distributed among students who:
- Have physical and permanent ambulatory disability to such a degree that they are unable to move from place to place without the aid of a wheelchair.
- Are not able to cross curbs because of paralysis or loss of function of legs.
- Have missed one or both legs.
- Are registered/being registered for Spring/Fall 2020 in HEC recognised public sector universities and affiliated colleges of all Provinces and AJ&K in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, MS/MPhil and PhD Programmes.
- Have valid certificate of special person/ambulatory disability from the relevant Competent Authority/Government Institutions.
- Have not received Electric Wheelchairs in Phase-I.
- Have valid disability of movement from one place to another.
How to Apply
- Students who meet the eligibility criteria, are advised to fill and submit the online application form on: eportal.hec.gov.pk/wheelchair by September 15, 2020.
- Submit copy of application form, attach necessary documents, and email the documents to the office of Registrar of the university (email@example.com)
- Universities will forward all eligible cases to HEC in one transaction by October 15, 2020 for the distribution of Electric Wheelchairs on merit.